Hell's Gate Biking Safari
Hell’s gate biking safari package gives you the opportunity to ride a bike in the wilderness and then hike in the gorges. This day trip begins from Nairobi very early in the morning, one hour drive to Hell’s gate national park.
Once at the Park, you have the option of a game drive in a safari vehicle or bike in the Park. Cycling in the Park is a great adventure as you get to ride the bicycle for seven Kilometers before resting at a ranger’s post. You are bound to experience a real zebra crossing, pride rock from the movie Lion King and equally important amazing landscapes, where the blockbuster movie Tomb Raider were partly shot.
Picnic lunch will be organized from one of the lodges in Naivasha on the other hand you can have lunch at the geothermal restaurant located within the park. From the rangers post follow the guide through the gorges for an adventure walk.
Call To Action
Contact us today and embark on an adventure hell’s gate biking safari package that meets your dream vacation on any budget. Furthermore you will enjoy the services of our experienced hiking guides who have enormous knowledge on wildlife as well as different sceneries in the country.
Take a step towards your ideal safari by getting in touch with our personnel. We will assist you with information, what to expect and guide you where necessary so as to achieve your travel goals.
Hell's Gate Cycling Safari. [Itinerary]
Our day biking safari package departs early morning everyday. Our journey takes an hour; you will be driven down to the great rift valley where we will have a stopover at the viewpoint for photography. You then continue on our jouney arriving Hell’s Gate National Park at 0900 Hours.
Once at the Park, you have the option of a game drive in a safari vehicle or ride bikes into the Park as you encounter wildlife accompanied by our biking safari guide. What’s more important there no predators in the park. Cycling in the Park is an amazing experience. Besides the picturesque landscapes, wildlife, fither’s tower, pride rock and litrarly a real zebra crossing will be part of the biking experience in the wilderness.
After lunch at the rangers post you embark on a walking safari through natural formed gorges. Enjoy the spectacular views of the gorge including the central tower. The volcanic activity is very evident from the hot water streaming on the walls of the gorge. The guided gorge walk takes two hours.
The hot springs and a fabulous scenic landscape besides the diverse wildlife are just incredible way to spend your day away from the city life. Finaly walk back to pick your bikes and return to the vehicle for the 90 kms journey back to Nairobi.
End of services.
Other Activities That Can Be Part Of Biking Tour.
- Rock climbing at the fitcher’s tower.
- A visit to the olkaria geothermal power plant where you can see the hot steam jet out in the air. There is a swimming pool fed by the hot steamy water which is medicinal and a restaurant adjacent to the swimming pool.
- Take a boat ride at lake Naivasha followed by a walk at crescent island.
- Transport in a customized safari van with a pop up roof ideal for game viewing .
- Park entrance fees.
- Mountain bikes.
- Game drives and other activities as described in the itinerary.
- Services of an English speaking hiking guide.
- Complimentary Bottled water 1 Litre per person per day.
- All government taxes.
- International airfares.
- All expenditure of personal nature such as telephone calls, hard drinks, soft drinks and laundry.
- Travel Insurance.
Know Your Park
Hell’s gate is famous for its natural hot geysers, eagle and vulture breeding grounds, visitors have the choice of driving, walking, camping, cycling and rock-climbing within the park. Horseback safaris can also be arranged. The landscape has several iconic vistas which include Fischer’s tower, formerly a volcano’s plug, the central tower and Njorowa gorges.
Two extinct volcanoes: Olkaria and Hobley’s are worth a trip. Natural steam vents rise from fissures in the volcanic rock. Obsidian, a striking black glassy rock formed from cooled molten lava is a feature of this landscape. Game to view includes: buffalos, Masai giraffes, elands, coke’s hartebeest, gazelles and antelopes
A haven for ornithologists and rock climbers, the cliffs of hell’s gate are breeding grounds for vultures, verreaux’s eagles, augur buzzards and thousands of swifts; 103 species of bird have been recorded in the Park.
- Do not Litter the park/reserve.
- Do not feed the animals, i.e. monkeys or baboons.
- Do give the animals the right of way and do not disturb wildlife.
- Do not take any plant or animals remains, dead or alive.
- Do not start fires or throw cigarettes in the parks/reserve.
- Do stay in your vehicle except at designated viewing points.
- Do not shout, laugh loudly, honk or play loud music as this will keep away the animals.
- Do not provoke any animals; it’s dangerous.